Freedom of Information & Complaints
Our full complaints policy can be found here.
Who to complain to:
- Education Matters: If the concern relates to the classroom or curriculum, please ask to speak with, or write to your child’s class teacher. If the matter is not resolved, speak with or write to the relevant Head of Subject.
- Pastoral Care: If the concern relates to matters outside of the classroom, please speak or write to your child’s Tutor/Progress Leader.
- SEND: Where a complaint is about the provision for an SEND pupil; please ask to speak to, or write to your Academy SENCo. If the complaint is in relation to the SENCO, please speak to their line manager.
- Financial Matters: A concern or complaint about a matter relating to financial matters should be stated in writing to the GLC Finance Director c/o the Gateway Academy.
- Head of Academy or senior GLC staff: If a concern is about the Head of School or senior GLC staff, please write to the CEO.
- CEO: If a concern is about the CEO, please write to the Chair of the GLC Board.
- Other Complaints: If your dissatisfied with an aspect of their GLC Academy’s policies, procedures, management or administration should write to the Head of School with details of the complaint.
- Unresolved Complaints: If concerns are not addressed, the complainant should write to the Head of School[or the CEO if the complaint concerns the Head of School] who will either deal with the concern or assign a senior colleague to deal with it;
If you do not know the details of the person you wish to raise your concern to, please e-mail the Head of School’s PA Mrs Jo Jaffa email@example.com