At the Gateway Secondary Academy all members of staff are committed to support the wellbeing of all our students. We have Mental Health and Wellbeing embedded within our school curriculum and tied to the GLC values of compassion and resilience. All our staff receive regular mental health training with key staff receiving specialised training to support our LGBTQ+ community, SEND students and EAL students.
At the Gateway Academy we work closely with the North Essex London NHS Foundation Trust who provide mental health support through:
- Consultation service for staff for supporting students in their education
- One to one counselling service for students
- Small group sessions
- Specialist training programmes for staff
We also work with Thurrock Schools Wellbeing Service who provide the following services:
- Training and ongoing support for our mental health ambassadors
- Small group training for our pastoral staff
- Workshops for parents to help them understand issues such as anxiety or anger management
- Reflective sessions for pastoral staff to help ensure the support for students is the best it can be.
We work closely with several other services where we refer students for mental health support. These include:
- Open Door
- St Lukes Hospice
Within the Gateway Secondary Academy we offer the following services:
- Small group sessions with lead coaches
- Student support team for more in depth counselling and support
- Play therapy
- Peer mentors and mental health ambassadors
- Mental Health and wellbeing promotion weeks and events throughout the year
- Parent support through the partnership with parents evenings and drop-in service
- Referral to SilverCloud for online support
We ensure all students have access to a service at the correct level and if a student is waiting for an outside agency, we will ensure the academy has filled the gap until that service begins.
If you feel that your child needs support please contact the school either via their lead coach or form tutor. There are a number of useful online resources available.
|On My Mind||Annafreud - On My Mind|
|Mind||Mind - Information and Support for Children and Young People|
|NELFT||Thurrock School Health E-Drop-In | NELFT NHS Foundation Trust|