We welcome your child to collect any uniform order during the day from Student Services, however, Parents can collect after school Monday to Thursday in person, between the hours of 2.45pm-3.15pm. If you have any queries outside of these times, please call ahead to arrange an alternative collection time. Tel: 01375 489076.
You can download a uniform order form here. Uniform can be purchased via Student Services or can be ordered online via ParentPay - click here for access. Please be aware that we will require full payment for your child’s uniform when you purchase it.
The wearing of school uniform is compulsory whilst at and travelling to and from the Gateway Academy.
Students should be tidy and well-presented i.e. shirt tucked in and ties worn appropriately. Students may wear trainers at break time and lunchtime to play games but must change into shoes for lessons. Hats are allowed outside in the summer months but are not to be worn within the building.
Research suggests students behave better when in uniform. All students are ambassadors for the Gateway Academy and their behaviour when in uniform, including when travelling to and from the Academy, reflects on the Academy. All items of clothing should have the student’s name inside. If students arrive at the Academy without the appropriate uniform they may be sent home to change.
The students of the Academy have chosen the uniform as follows:
*NB Those items to be purchased from the Gateway Academy.
|BOYS UNIFORM||BOYS PE KIT|
|GIRLS UNIFORM||GIRLS PE KIT|
Extra notes for information
- It is important that only trainers or plimsolls with non-marking soles are used; otherwise the Sports Hall floor becomes marked;
- Caps, sweatshirts or jackets and any other items not listed above may be confiscated. If not claimed within a term, they will be donated to charity;
- It is preferable that no jewellery is worn for safety and security reasons. However, a wrist watch and a small sleeper/stud in each lobe of the ear, if pierced, would be the maximum allowed. No facial piercing is allowed at the Academy;
- Students are not allowed to wear hoodies on the school premises;
- Students may be sent home to change if they fail to wear the correct uniform.
NB Students are required to replace the old college colour polo shirt with the new 'all black' polo shirt from Spring Term 2016. See new polo shirt below...